Used Mattress Recycling Program
From the Bitterroot Mountains to the Big Sky prairies, it’s easy to see how the Treasure State earned its nickname. We, like many others, are thankful to call Montana home, and wish to preserve our state’s natural beauty for everyone’s enjoyment.
In the United States alone, used mattresses create huge headaches in landfills. Approximately 30 million mattresses are disposed of each year, many of which go straight to the landfill, where they jam up compactor machinery and decompose slowly over decades.
Here are a few of the many benefits of mattress recycling:
- Over 90 percent of the materials in a used mattress can be recycled
- Mattress recycling reduces the waste stream by millions of pounds annually
- Foam, cotton and felt materials can be repurposed into carpet padding and insulation
- Wood frames can be chipped and shredded into landscape mulch
- Metal mattress springs are easily melted down to be made into new steel products
At Mattress Mill, we’re strong supporters of a clean environment. For years, we’ve recycled our plastic and cardboard byproducts, and donated clean mattresses in good condition to charity. Now, in addition to our current recycling initiatives, we are partnered with Spring Back Mattress Recycling to do our part to minimize the impact of used mattresses in our waste stream. You can rest easy knowing that your old bed will be recycled instead of ending up in a landfill!
As always, Mattress Mill is happy to facilitate the recycling of your existing mattress set if you are located in the Gallatin Valley. Charges will be as follows:
- Recycling: $60 per piece. Does not include transportation charges.
- Transportation of mattresses for recycling will be a $35 stop charge when in your area. The per piece recycling charges will still apply.
- Prefer to bring the pieces to us for recycling or not located in Gallatin Valley? We accept recycling between the hours of 10-3 Monday thru Saturday. Simply stop by and the per piece recycling charge will apply.
Read more about Spring Back’s mattress recycling program and job creation initiatives—and don’t hesitate to ask us for more information about the mattress pick-up and recycle process.
Thank you for joining us in this recycling investment! Our efforts will help sustain a cleaner, more beautiful Montana—for you, your neighbors, and all our state’s breathtaking treasures.